Thursday, September 01, 2005

To All...
Pied Beauty
Glory be to God for dappled things--
For skies of couple-colour as a brinded cow;
For rose-moles all in stipple upon trout that swim;
Fresh-firecoal chestnut-falls; finches' wings;
Landscape plotted and pieced--fold, fallow, and plough;
And all trades, their gear and tackle and trim.

All things counter, original, spare, strange;
Whatever is fickle, freckled (who knows how?)
With swift, slow; sweet, sour; adazzle, dim;
He fathers-forth whose beauty is past change:
Praise Him.
(By Gerard Manley Hopkins, 1800's)
Sitting back in my chair, I look out through the windows of the basement sunroom and reflect on the beauty of our God's creativity...To think He allows us to enjoy it daily...ssso nice! LT

2 Comments:

At Thursday, September 01, 2005 12:23:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great quote Moose. Keep up the good work. You are definitely the biggest pimp in the D and G.

 
At Sunday, September 11, 2005 9:56:00 PM, Blogger Laura said...

OK, so this is an old post, but I have to comment... I almost cried reading this! It's one of my favorite poems ever and gives me goosebumps reading it, and you're the first person outside the English department at my college who is familiar with it. Yes! Hopkins rocks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home